June 11, 2022
As the drought conditions continue to worsen, Manville WSC is asking all customers to do your part to conserve. Please follow the voluntary watering schedule.
There are a number of easy ways to save water, and they all start with YOU.
Follow these simple tips to help save water.
- Shorten your shower by a minute or two and you'll save up to 150 gallons per month.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth and save 25 gallons a month.
- Check all waterline connections and faucets for leaks.
- Test toilets for leaks.
- Do not let the water run when washing hands.
- Use water-wise plants.
- Inspect your landscape irrigation system regularly for leaks or broken sprinkler heads and adjust pressures to specification.
- Water only when needed. Look at the grass, feel the soil, or use a soil moisture meter to determine when to water.
- Water lawns early in the morning during the hotter summer months. Otherwise, much of the water used on the lawn can simply evaporate between the sprinkler and the grass.
- Do not "sweep" walks and driveways with the hose. Use a broom or rake instead.
- When buying new appliances, consider those that offer cycle and load size adjustments. They are more water and energy efficient.
- Never run the dishwasher without a full load.
- Always keep water conservation in mind, and think of other ways to save