GUIDELINES FOR DEVELOPMENT
The purpose of these guidelines is to describe the procedures, terms and conditions under which Manville WSC will provide water service for subdivisions, additions to subdivisions, apartments, mobile home parks, R. V. parks, schools, commercial businesses, or any form of development. These guidelines are for general information only. A copy of the official Manville Tariff is available under the reports tab on our website.
Subject to water availability and system capacity, Manville will extend water service to subdivisions, proposed subdivisions, and new development within its certificated service area at the applicant’s sole expense and in conformity with Manville’s tariff.
The Developer will pay for all cost of water system improvements within the development and improvements outside the development necessary to provide sufficient water service to the development. Cost of construction referred to herein means all cost associated with constructing, installing, and placing the water system improvements into operation including planning, engineering, legal, land and easement acquisition, construction, etc.
The Developer pays a LUE fee for each unit planned. The Developer may choose to have one or more master meters to serve the development, however, the Developer will pay the LUE fee for each residential/commercial/industrial unit and the Water Rate will be the same minimum based on the number of units served.
- Contact Manville WSC by email; firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your development is in the Manville service area (CCN) & if it appears possible for Manville WSC to serve the water needs of the planned development. Provide a map or plat showing the property, location & intended use of the property.
- Developer will complete a feasibility study application (provided by the development department) and submit along with payment of $1200 for the engineering study. (Only property owners or entities under contract to purchase can request a feasibility study.)All applications for a study shall be accompanied by the study fee of $1200, a fee of $100 per requested LUE of service, one complete set of civil site plans and /or concept plan (an additional set maybe requested), property deed or contract to purchase, company formation paperwork (if applicable) & construction/build-out schedule.
- 90-days from receiving the study application and fees, the capacity portion of the feasibility study will be completed and presented at the next regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Manville Board of Directors for consideration.
- If the Manville Board of Directors approves the report, Manville WSC will provide a conditional approval letter to the Developer. Upon conditional approval of the request for capacity, the $100 per LUE payment shall be credited against the impact fees. If the request for service is denied, the payment of $100 per LUE shall be promptly refunded to the applicant. The payment of $100 per LUE shall be forfeited if the balance of the impact fees is not timely paid and tentative approval expires.
- The Developer will pay Manville WSC the total LUE fees based on the committed number of residential/commercial/industrial units within 180-days of the approval of the development by the Board of Directors. The applicant may extend the commitment to serve and the time for payment of applicable LUE fees upon payment of a one-time extension fee of $50.00 per LUE. Extension fees must be paid prior to the expiration of the initial 180-day approval period and shall be extended for 180-days from the expiration of the initial 180-day approval period. Extension fee payments will not be credited against the LUE fees owed. LUE Fees are non-refundable or transferable.
*Effective on or after December 10, 2021, commitments applied for are not perpetual and remain in effect for a period of eight (8) years from initial issuance (board approval). If not used and placed in service for their development purposes within that period, they shall expire and revert to Manville and be of no further force or effect, and the capacity reflected in those commitments may be made available to other applicants. There shall be no extension of the eight-year period. There shall be no refund of any fees paid by an applicant prior to expiration.
- Plan Review Fee - must be made to Manville once the developer receives the conditional approval notice. Cost - $1000.00 for 1-50 LUE’s and $2500.00 for 51 + LUE’s.
- Plan Review, Comments, Specifications and Plan Approval can take up to 180-days ormore to complete after conditional approval. Approval of Plans will not be provided until all requirements are met and fees paid.
- Engineer Plan Design fee – Developer must pay a fee of $5000.00 to Manville for the Engineer plan design of off-site improvements. Manville will obtain bids from its contractors and upon approval of a contractor to construct the improvements, provide a cost estimate for all improvements to the developer for payment.
- Pre-construction conference between Manville WSC and Contractor before construction starts. Written approval by Manville to start construction.
- Inspection of construction by Manville Personnel.
- Approval of construction by Manville Management before water can be turned on.
- Developer will maintain all improvements provided by Developer for one year after acceptance of the improvements by Manville WSC.
Manville Engineer: Fontaine & Associates
Capital Recovery Fee Chart
|Fee effective June 1, 2020|
|Residential - 5/8" x 3/4" meter||$3,800.00|
|Residential - 3/4" x 3/4" meter||$5,700.00|
|Residential -1" meter||$7,600.00|
|Commercial - 5/8" x 3/4" meter||$3,800.00|
|Commercial - 3/4" x 3/4" meter||$5,700.00|
|Commercial - 1" meter||$7,600.00|
|Commercial - 1.5" meter & up||Requires Engineer Study|
MWSC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.